Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Where can I get a copy of my accident report?
    Copies of most accident reports are available through LexisNexis. Copies of accident reports involving crimes or deaths are subject to the rules cited under the Freedom of Information Act (Illinois Compiled Statutes, 5 ILCS 140/1-7).
  2. What hours is the records department open?
    The records department is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
  3. Where is the Police Department located?
    The Oak Brook Police Department is located at 1200 Oak Brook Road (31st Street), Oak Brook, Illinois 60523 (2 blocks east of Route 83).
  4. Will the Police Department take my fingerprints for a job application or professional license?
    Oak Brook Police Department will take fingerprints for job applications, a professional license or for immigration purposes for residents of Oak Brook or for people who are being fingerprinted because of a business or profession located in Oak Brook. Fingerprinting is done on Tuesday and Thursday, between the hours of 3 p.m. and 4 p.m.
  5. My car has been towed, how do I get it released?
    For the release of your vehicle, you must pay a $500 administrative bond at the Oak Brook Police Department and all towing and storage fees must be paid directly to the towing company. Failure to claim the vehicle within 30 days of the Hearing will result in the disposal of the vehicle as an unclaimed vehicle under the Illinois Vehicle Code, Chapter 625 Section 5/4-209.
  6. Where do I pay my citations online?
    Parking citations, Compliance Citations and Local Ordinance Citations may be paid by credit card online at Violations Payment or cash in person at the Oak Brook Police Department located at 1200 Oak Brook Road, Oak Brook, Illinois. Checks are not accepted and payment is not accepted by mail.
  7. Will the Police Department provide extra patrols while I am away on vacation?
    Yes, by contacting the Records Department at (630) 368-8700 wherein a Records Clerk will complete a Vacation Watch Form and forward same to the Patrol Division. The Oak Brook Police Department (OBPD) does not assume any liability. Download the application (PDF).
  8. Can I call the police on my cellular phone?
    If you call 911 on your cell phone, that call will go the DuPage County Sheriff's Department, who will then forward your call to the correct dispatch center.
  9. How do I get a taxi license?
    See information regarding taxi licenses.
  10. Can I park overnight on Village streets?
    Not between the hours of 2 a.m. to 6 a.m., unless you request permission. If your vehicle is parked overnight at the Oakbrook Center Mall, you must notify the Oakbrook Center Mall Security at (630) 573-0717.
  11. How do I file a Freedom of Information Request?
    See information regarding filing a FOIA Request.
  12. Does the Village have a curfew?
    Yes, for any person less than 17 years of age, the curfew hours are: Saturday and Sunday from 12:01 a.m. to 6 a.m.; and Sunday through Thursday from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. (Oak Brook Village Code 6-1-17)
  13. Is there an ordinance that prohibits construction during certain hours?
    Yes. Heavy equipment may only be used Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday through Sunday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Heavy equipment shall not be used at any time on federal holidays. Tools other than heavy equipment may be used at any time within a fully enclosed structure; any use of such tools outside a fully enclosed structure shall be prohibited between the hours of 8 p.m. and 8 a.m. (Oak Brook Village Code 6-1-2)
  14. My dog got loose and was picked up by the Police Department, what do I need to do to get my dog back?
    In order to redeem your animal, the owner must:
    1. Pay to the pound any daily kennel costs and the cost of any veterinary services provided;
    2. Pay to the Village of Oak Brook a $10 impounding fee, which shall be in addition to any fine or other penalty provided under Village Ordinance and in addition to any costs of the pound; and
    3. Present proof of valid rabies inoculation.
  15. How do I request a speaker from the Police Department to do a presentation?
    If you wish to have a speaker for an event or before a group, contact Support Services Division at (630) 368-8734.