Information regarding Voter Registration Deadlines for the upcoming March 17, 2020, General Primary Election
Tuesday, February 18, 2020
Last day to register or transfer a registration by mail or in person to be eligible to vote in the March 17, 2020, General Primary Election.
NOTE: You may not take a new registration or transfer of registration during the closed period.
DELIVERY OF REGISTRATION:
1. All new registrations and transfers of registration taken after Monday February 10, 2020 are to be held in your office. Do not mail them.
2. Wednesday February 19, 2020 hand deliver all completed registrations to your respective Township office no later than 11 :00 am. The Election Division will pick them up from the Township office.
Sunday March 1, 2020
Last day to register or transfer a registration on the Paperless Online Voter Application (POVA) site at ova.elections.il.gov site The online application requires a valid Illinois Driver’s License or State ID.
Thursday, March 19, 2020
Voter Registration re-opens.
"Grace Period" Voting provides individuals who did not register to vote or update their registration before the traditional deadline a "grace period" in which they may do so. During this period an individual may register or update their registration and must vote at the same time. The schedule for "Grace Period"--"Registration and Voting is as follows:
- DuPage County Clerk-Election Division Office February 19, 2020 - March 17, 2020
- Designated Early Voting Locations March 2, 2020 - March 16, 2020
- Voter’s designated polling place on Election Day March 17, 2020
Please contact the DuPage County Clerk’s Election Division at (630) 407-5600 if you have any questions regarding the above information.