The primary emphasis of public safety education programs is preventing loss of life, injury, and property damage. The Fire Department accomplishes this through a variety of programs such as:
- Courtesy Home Fire Safety Inspections
- Disaster Preparedness for your Home or Business
- Fire Extinguisher Training for commercial groups
- Freddie the Robot Fire Truck Fire Safety special events
- Free Blood Pressure Screenings
- Group Fire Station Tours
To schedule classes, fire station tours, or for additional information, please contact Glen Washington, Public Education Coordinator at (630) 706-4029.
- First Aid, CPR, and Automatic External Defibrillators AED group classes
To schedule classes, fire station tours, or for additional information, please contact Lt. Bill Nyhanna, CPR Coordinator at (630) 368-5206.
Fun For Children: Fire Safety and Disaster Preparedness Games and Information
Fun For Adults: Fire Safety and Disaster Preparedness Information