Planned Development Commission
Planned Development Commission:
- 7 p.m.
- Fourth Thursday of each month (as needed)
- Samuel E. Dean Board Room of the Butler Government Center
- In addition to the Regular Planned Development Commission (PDC) meetings the PDC may also meet for special meetings at other times when necessary and noticed. View the meeting calendar for the current regular meeting schedule and agenda.
Members of the Planned Development Commission:
- Marcia Tropinski, Chair (also Chairwoman of the Plan Commission)
- Wayne Ziemer, Vice Chair (also Chairman of the Zoning Board of Appeals)
- Jeffrey Bulin (also Member of the Zoning Board of Appeals)
- Natalie Cappetta (also Member of the Zoning Board of Appeals)
- Thomas Doyle (also Member of the Plan Commission)
- Raju Iyer (also Member of the Plan Commission)
- VACANT POSITION
The Oak Brook Planned Development Commission (PDC) is comprised of seven members who hold active appointments on the Zoning Board of Appeals and Plan Commission. The PDC members serve a two year term. They are recommended for appointment by the Village President and confirmed by the Board of Trustees. The PDC reviews and makes recommendations to the Village Board relative to planned development application requests for commercial properties located within the Planned Development Overlay District. This area encompasses all commercial properties located in the Village with the exception of those properties located in the Historic Graue Mill Gateway Area.
All requests submitted to the Planned Development Commission shall be made on an official application form which can be obtained at the Department of Community Development or can be downloaded from the Applications, Forms and Permits (coming soon)
Planned Development Applications are required for:
All new commercial development for properties in the Planned Development Overlay District with the exception of those properties located in the Historic Graue Mill Gateway Area.
Except as provided for in subsection 13-15-5E of the Planned Development Regulations, no new commercial, office, or mixed use development construction within the planned development overlay district shall be permitted except as approved as a planned development in accordance with this chapter; provided, however, that a stand alone project for construction of outdoor dining facilities or for drive-through facilities will not require a planned development under this chapter.
Section 13-15-5E - EXEMPTIONS: At the election of the applicant, the planned development provisions of this chapter shall not apply to an existing development or a proposed development project that satisfies all of the underlying zoning regulations applicable to the property. In such case, the proposed development will be subject to the processes of the village that are applicable to any new construction project. View the Planned Development Regulations