The Village is working with several agencies to monitor any outbreak of the Coronavirus. The current information we have is that person-to-person spread will continue to occur and more cases might be identified in the United States, including in the Chicagoland and suburban areas. Through the Village’s Crisis Management Team, we are working with the DuPage County Health Department to minimize transmission and developing guidance to prepare a response if a significant outbreak does occur. We have had a number of meetings and conference calls with several agencies to stay updated with the current information on the virus.
The DuPage County Health Department will be our lead agency and is closely monitoring the fast-changing outbreak of the virus. They are in regular communication with, and following guidance provided by, the Illinois Department of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The DuPage County Health Department Communicable Disease and Epidemiology staff routinely monitor and investigate disease transmission and response and continue to do so with this new virus. The DuPage County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management is working closely with the Health Department and our Crisis Management Team as well as our first responders in the County. We are exchanging information and answering questions from hospitals, schools, businesses and community partners. Important precautionary information to follow regarding the spread of this emerging respiratory disease include:
- Stay home when you are sick with respiratory disease symptoms. At the present time, these symptoms are more likely due to influenza or other respiratory viruses than to COVID-19-related virus. Seek medical attention as needed.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash can.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60 percent to 95 percent alcohol.
- Routinely clean frequently touched surfaces and objects.
We acknowledge that Village staff and residents may have questions regarding Coronavirus and its impact on the community. The DuPage County Health Department webpage is the best, constantly-updated source of information at www.dupagehealth.org. People seeking a hotline can also call the Illinois Coronavirus Disease Hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or send an email to DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV, anytime, 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
Illinois Department of Health COVID‐19 Social Distancing
Additional Information Help Limit the Spread