DuPage County Stormwater Management is currently accepting input on their Countywide Water Quality Program. Comments will be accepted through February 28, 2021.
The Countywide Water Quality Program includes a partnership of DuPage County and 41 municipalities and townships working together to meet water quality goals. Included within this partnership, the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency granted DuPage County Stormwater Management a countywide permit to meet federal water quality requirements, including:
- Public Education and Outreach on Water Quality Topics
- Public Involvement and Participation
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
- Construction Site Erosion and Sediment Controls
- Post-Construction Best Management Practices for Water Quality
- Pollution Prevention and Good Housekeeping for Municipal Operations
- Water Quality Monitoring Program
These requirements are detailed in the DuPage County Stormwater Management Program Plan, which can be found at https://www.dupageco.org/EDP/Stormwater_Management/Water_Quality/54206/. There will also be an informational virtual meeting to discuss the DuPage County Countywide Water Quality Program on Thursday, February 18 at 9am. Register for the meeting at https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIocu-upzwpHtXqiQ4nSmKmpXewxCDOtBRf.
DuPage County Stormwater Management is accepting input on the program through February 28, 2021. Comments may be submitted via email to email@example.com or by mail to:
DuPage County Stormwater Management
Attn: Mary Beth Falsey
421 North County Farm Road
Wheaton, IL 60187
For questions or issues, please contact DuPage County Stormwater Management at (630) 407-6673.
The press release is available here (PDF)